Friday, October 19, 2007

In Dodd We Trust

I just want to give a shout out to Senator Dodd from Connecticut. It's about time someone took a stand for the Constitution. Isn't that what all Senators and Representatives(not to mention the President) promised to defend when they took office? There is no reason for companies to be granted immunity for willfully violating the law, whether the President asks you to or not. I am glad he's willing to filibuster the FISA bill. I am heartened as well to see Senator Bernie Sanders and Senator Biden promise to join him. I am greatly disappointed in the top three presidential candidates. Obama put out a tepid statement saying it was a bad bill. That's not good enough!! I am greatly disappointed in John Edwards. He should have said something long before now. There has been no word from Hillary Clinton. Frankly, it doesn't suprise me at all. It's too bad she won't take the opportunity to be a leader. If the Constitution is not important enough for her, what is?